Well done to all our families old and new who have managed to ensure their child/children have been in school every day, on time and school ready. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we have a new Educational Welfare Office Cheryl Croft who will be monitoring our school performance and will be supporting our families who are facing challenges in ensuring their children are in school every day.
Our expectations of attendance are outlined below:
- Your child/children should be in school every day when the school is open
- Your child/ children should always be in school on time 8.45am at the latest. Children are allowed in from 8.35am
- Any medical appointments should be made out of school hours (when possible)
- If a child has a medical appointment in school time, they should attend before and after the appointment and both the class teacher and office staff should be made aware
- Evidence of medical appointments should be given to the office staff
- No holiday requests will be authorised so we encourage parents to book holidays out of the school term to avoid potential fine/prosecution and possible loss of school place
- If your child is absent for a long period of time (3 or more days) we will require medical evidence
Finally we want your child to reach their full potential and to enable us to do this YOU need to ensure that they attend school every day and on time.
I hope your child/children are enjoying their start to the new academic year.