The White Horse Federation now has a dedicated Education Welfare Officer.
We would like to welcome Cheryl Croft to our team, she has joined from Swindon Borough Council and holds many years’ experience in working with and supporting children and families to overcome barriers to education.
Cheryl has outlined our expectations in terms of our schools attendance expectations as listed below:
- Children should be in school every day and arrive on time.
- Please ensure that you communicate reasons for absence to school by 8.45am on the morning of each day of absence.
- School attendance that drops below 95% is considered a cause for concern (95% equates to 10 missed days across a whole school year), attendance below that level for this academic year will trigger a new process by which you will receive notification of your child’s attendance- if this does not improve there is a graduated response which could result in legal action.
- To help, please try to make medical appointments (where possible) outside of the school day, take holidays out of school term time and communicate any reasons for absence clearly with school staff.
- In 2016/2017 over 1500 fines were issued to parents across Swindon relating to poor school attendance- we want to work with you to prevent this happening to our parents.
- Excellent attendance at school is important to allow a child to fulﬁl their potential.